Joined Aug 21 2011
Fishing Country Now
"Resurrecting Music Row One Country Song At A Time" ...RKC
QUICK FACTS ABOUT ROSS KEY
• Vocals • Lead & Rhythm Guitar (6 & 12 string) • Bass • Dobro • Banjo (4 & 5 string) • Fiddle • Keyboard/Piano • Mandolin • Upright Bass
• Entertainer • Musician • Singer/Songwriter
• 30+ Years Professional Experience
• Sold through ASCAP
• Represented by BMI Nashville
He has performed on stage with Willie Nelson by personal invitation, and opened for Waylon Jennings, Alabama, Emmylou Harris, Ronnie Milsap, Jimmy Buffett, Hank Williams Jr., Freddy Fender, Joe Stampley, Moe Bandy, and numerous others.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Recipient of the distinguished Virginia State Dobro Championship
• Earned a private audience with King Gustaf of Sweden during European Tour (1976)
• Commendation and Recognition from the Musicians In Action Guild (2011)
• Independent Country Music Association (ICoMA) "Best Musician" Nominee (2012)
• Independent Country Music Association (ICoMA) "Best Country Music Festival" Winner (2013)
• Currently serving on the Board of Directors for ROPE International (Reunion of Professional Entertainers) (2014)
• Clay's Country Radio, (United Kingdom) "Male Artist of the Year" Nominee (2016)
Key is the CEO and founder of the Traditional Country Network (TCN). An organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Traditional Country music. It is a networking group of many high profile individuals which make up the charter membership. The members willingly provide support and their experience in helping up-and-coming artists in the genre and one another.
Key hosts his annual Spring Fling, showcasing Traditional Country music artists and up-and-coming performers from around the world. This event takes place mid-May of each year. It has earned him an international award in 2013 as the "Best Country Music Festival" from the ICoMA.
Born and raised in Lynchburg, Virginia, Ross Key was born with a God-given musical talent. While he will tell you he had to work at learning each instrument he plays, he easily acquired the basics of music. Until 2011, Key lived within a 20-mile radius of his hometown. Key's paternal grandparents told him he was a direct decendent (6th generation) grandson of Francis Scott Key, the author of our nation's National Anthem, the Star Spangled Banner. His uncle, Tommy Dunaway, played in the band with Mel Tillis, so as a child, he was exposed to the world of country music. Key recalls meeting Tillis' daughter, Pam, when they were both small children.
A versatile musician, Key is an established professional entertainer, singer/songwriter and musician, incorporating his own material into his show which has garnered much attention from local and regional venues, radio stations, A&R’s, and record companies. Versatility coupled with a unique and distinctive style of his own, Key maintains a firm grasp on country music as it was performed by country music legends decades ago. He makes each song his own, performing those songs that touch his heart in some manner. Key opens every show with his signature song, "Under The Double Eagle", capturing the attention of audiences wherever he performs.
Key holds a degree in Drafting and Architectural Science from the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia. He is a master carpenter, plumber, and electrician.